not a pretty picture. not a good. not a bad. picture. but an argument.

Friday, July 19, 2013

"heron"



From: "Toward the Same Shore", Yves Bonnefoy

Between sky and room
Sometimes our mirror
Takes the small earthly
Sun in its hands,

As though
The paths, the hopes
Of things and names
Joined on the same shore.


We start to dream
That downstream from this river
Of peace, words will not ask
Too much of the world,

That words will not cut
The throat of the lamb
That trustfully
Follows our speech.



 

5 comments:

  1. And so on this day all there is: reeds like stars, and a sole heron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. andreas, just like usual:)

      xo
      erin

      Delete
  2. Oh Erin. How indescribably beautiful.

    This virgin place where the heron flies. These words by Yves Bonnefoy. Thank you.

    words will not ask
    Too much of the world,


    Oh oh oh. Yes yes yes. This this this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ruth, yes, this! (how do we even begin to understand this and yet i believe we do - begin to understand it, that is.)

      xo
      erin

      Delete
  3. In the long, long ago I used to live in a house on a street named Blue Heron, hard to remember like your photos, it's blurred. But I was happy then. The blue herons came to my back deck, it seemed they liked to look in my windows, I think they were curious about us, one day my son had been out in his boat, and he brought me a gift, or so he thought. Two blue, blue heron eggs. He didn't know, I was sad. I remember, but it was another lifetime. I am happy now, I live in the high mountain desert, no blue herons look in my windows, but sometimes, probably more often than I know, a coyote walks silently around my house. Thank you Erin.

    ReplyDelete

"Words at the limit of hearing, attributable to no one, received in the conch of the ear like dew by a leaf." (philippe jaccottet) or even a quiet presence is appreciated))