not a pretty picture. not a good. not a bad. picture. but an argument.

Monday, November 10, 2014

the tender pillar of fire



"Yesterday evening, after Schubert's final piano sonata had surprisingly come to mind once again,



I simply said to myself: 'That's it.' 




It's what inexplicably remains steadfast against the worst storms, against a longing for emptiness; what definitely deserves to be loved:





the tender pillar of fire guiding you even in the desert that seemingly has neither limits, nor an end."



from Philippe Jaccottet's And, Nonetheless: Selected Prose and Poetry 1990-2009 (p. 315)

11 comments:

  1. Are those red pines? I love the low lighting from the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful capture. a wise person once said:...be a tree but for a moment and you will see, feel, hear life, you otherwise wouldn't

    ReplyDelete
  3. To feel light like this in the swiftly passing moments that one can nonetheless stop and wonder at ... all I can say is, thank god.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An almost unreal beauty. These shafts of light that will and will not be lost. A glory in the terrible dark avenue of paper factory trees.

    One imagines the eerie no-sound to be (not) heard, there, in the night. Haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone sees the "picture"...I too, but by looking closely, I can see a Tiny Leaf...reckon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I have missed your words and images...thanks for drawing me back home to your photographs...this reminds me of Oregon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKgOqRS6KI

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

"Words at the limit of hearing, attributable to no one, received in the conch of the ear like dew by a leaf." (philippe jaccottet) or even a quiet presence is appreciated))