not a pretty picture. not a good. not a bad. picture. but an argument.

Monday, July 16, 2012

investigation of the self viii: what is it to be you?


what is it to be you?  what is it to be me?


if i am to be honest, and i want to be honest, honesty the shield against the inauthentic life - sometimes i am sad.  there is a great deal to reckon with in this life.  so i tell you that one night while sitting with my hair hanging down over my face and staring down at my thighs, only this window of sight open, and while crying, i realize that only i will ever know what it is like to be me.  what an astounding revelation!  only i have this capacity to know me from this vantage point, from inside my eyes, no camera able to sink back far enough, to be able to encapsulate the filter that is all of my history, that is all of my desire and all of my fear.  considering this incredible revelation, that only i know what it is to be me (and of course, i am only just now learning) even my vantage point pivots and i begin to see myself differently, more clearly.