not a pretty picture. not a good. not a bad. picture. but an argument.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

aging, a joke

so, a cat and three women walk into a bar.
one year later the cat is white. no shit, white.
what happened to the three women?

ok, so it's not a joke but it is funny, what happens to us in a year, and how that might manifest itself.

my son's birthday: my mom, my sister and i sat in the living room, my mom just over 70, my sister 50, and me 40.  it just didn't make sense, you know, and yet it did.  none of us felt like the other looked their age and none of us felt that we ourselves looked our age, our age some kind of cheap lens that passes over us.  and none of us felt that number either.  and yet, and yet, one year later my cat is white.

i want to be an old woman with sacs of skin and still feel what i feel.  now, that would be a joke.